Manson Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manson Academy

A school for the rich kids of a small town in Vermont. Beyond the books and grades, lies a world full of secrets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Manson Academy! It is currently December.
Classes have begun! Please post in the lessons that have been started.
Teachers, if you haven't posted your lessons yet, please do so.
Please see Sophia Deveraux if you are interested in playing any sports.

The Newcomer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

Hometown : Madrid

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 pm

James had been dozing off on the couch (he did that a lot recently) when there was a knock on the front door. He figured Rachel would get it, she normally did, so he went back to his mostly-slightly-asleep mode and tuned out again.

But Rachel didn't get it. And the person knocked again. And again. He rolled his eyes and struggled to a sitting position "Rachel?" he called, but there was no answer. Grumbling he stood and headed for the door, running a hand through his hair, making his bed head even worse. He flung it open "What?" he asked, realizing after that it sounded pretty rude..
Back to top Go down
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

Hometown : Harlem
Job/hobbies : I have already said too much.

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Barney rang Rachel's doorbell repeatedly. She wouldn't answer her phone, which was quite typical. He didn't stop until someone answered the door. The man looked a bit familiar, but Barney couldn't remember where he was from. "Greetings," Barney said, holding out his hand. "I'm Barney Emerson, Rachel's cousin. Is she home?" He asked the man, glancing around the inside. It was a very nice house. Rachel had lived in better, of course, but he was sure that Rachel would do anything for her job.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:05 pm

James leaned against the door frame and yawned, and took his hand "James" he said and stepped aside "Probably. Maybe. Fuck if I know. Come in" He said, walking into the main hall "RACHEL! YOU'RE COUSIN IS HERE!" He shouted, and groaned again when she didn't answer again, he looked up the stairs "Fuck" he groaned "Wait here I'll go find her. If she's here" he said, rushing up the stairs, "RACHEL" He yelled again.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

Hometown : Bluebell
Job/hobbies : Headmistress

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Rachel tossed and turned over in her bed. She could hear shouting and footsteps coming up the stairs. She got up and angrily opened the door, pulling up her tank top and straightening out her shorts. "WHAT?" She shouted back sleepily at James, glancing down the stairs. "Barney?!" Rachel shouted, running down the stairs and hugging her cousin, pulling him inside and shutting the door. "What are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
https://mansonacademy.rpg-board.net
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Barney nodded at the man and tried to figure out where he knew a James from. He walked around and shouted for Rachel, who came out of what he assumed was her bedroom and bombarded him with a hug. "RACHEL!" He exclaimed, hugging his cousin back. "I got transferred, thought I'd come see my favorite cousin." Barney said. "This your boyfriend?"
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:28 pm

"You're welcome" James said to the spot where Rachel had just been, and then shrugged and walked slowly down the stairs, still drowsy. He caught the end of what Barney said and snorted, but didn't answer. He walked into the kitchen and pulled a soda out of the fridge, before heading back to where the couch, not wanting to intrude on Rachel reunion with her cousin.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

Hometown : Bluebell
Job/hobbies : Headmistress

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Rachel 'oh'ed at Barney's reply. "I see." She said, smiling. "And no, he just teaches here. They haven't built his cottage yet, so he gets to stay with me." Rachel said with a fake smile. "I'm going to go shower and put on some clothes, why don't you go sit with James?" Rachel said to Barney, starting up the stairs.

Back to top Go down
https://mansonacademy.rpg-board.net
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Barney nodded at her. "Sure..." He said as she walked upstairs, going into the living room and sitting down with James. "So, you teach?" Barney asked him. "What do you teach?" The chair was uncomfortable, that was all he really noticed. Barney wondered if Rachel knew about the murderer having escaped. She probably did, but he'd have to make sure to tell her later in case she didn't.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:42 pm

James watched as Rachel left and her cousin came to sit by him "Yep" He said, nodding "I teach Art. Hence the paint" he said, pointing to his pants, which were spotted with assorted colors of paint. And these were his jeans. That he wore every other Friday. "What do you do for a living?" he asked Barney, deciding to actually put in an effort. Maybe if Barney liked him, then Rachel would like him more..... Or maybe it would fail miserably.
Back to top Go down
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Barney nodded. "That's neat." He chuckled slightly. "I guess I should've known." Barney opened his mouth, ready to answer the question. "I'm a detective," He said, glancing around. The chair was still incredibly uncomfortable. "So did you go to school here?" Barney asked.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:01 pm

"Yeah. It's worse when we start with plaster. I come home coated in white dust" James said taking a drink of his soda, "Detective? Cool. So do you work with the police? Or are you independent?" he asked, and then nodded "I did. Everyone in my family but my oldest brother did, actually" He said, scowling ever so slightly at the thought of Martin. "Did you?" he asked
Back to top Go down
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Barney laughed. "Bet Rachel loves that white dust all over everything." She was such a neat freak. The thought of her freaking out made him smile. "With the police," Barney responded. The government could be considered the police, right? "Ah," Barney said. "I didn't, I grew up in Harlem. Public school and Harvard," Barney said with a chuckle. "Bit of a jump."
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:15 pm

"Yeah, not really. She pretty much follows me with a vacuum" James said shaking his head and grinning. "My brother works with the police" He nodded, "At least I think he does..." He shrugged. The next part was quite relieving. That meant there was less of a chance that this guy knew who he was, less of a chance to get berated for what happened because of him. "Ah I was sort of opposite" he said, smiling humorlessly "Manson, then to a local college, then I had to drop out and go to committee college" He said
Back to top Go down
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Barney laughed. "Sounds like Rachel." He said, nodding. "Really?" Barney said. "Interesting." He chuckled a bit. "Ah, yeah. That's how my oldest sister was. At least she's got a husband," Barney said, smiling weakly. Suddenly, the name James registered something in his mind. "You wouldn't happen to be the James who dated Rachel, would you?"

Last edited by Barney Emerson on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:30 pm

James cursed himself mentally for jinxing it "If I said no, that I was ANOTHER James Montez, would you believe me?" he asked "Or if I said I lied, and my name is actually... Louis, and that I have no idea who James Montez is?" he asked, "Or if I said yes, would you tell me that I'm a bastard and attempt to punch me?" he asked, smiling hopefully, and nervously.
Back to top Go down
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:38 pm

"I wouldn't believe you unless you said that you were, because I never mentioned a Montez, just a James." Barney said to him with a faint smile. "It's fine. I heard quite a bit about you. Are you two getting along now?" Barney asked.
Back to top Go down
James Montez
Art Instructor
James Montez

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 pm

"Gave myself away" he said, relieved "Well. Better than before. She's stopped yelling at me in the halls for walking to close to her. And she's started getting a plate out for me at dinner, and actually telling me that she had made something" he said, shrugging "So I guess we're good"
Back to top Go down
Barney Emerson
Adult
Barney Emerson

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Barney chuckled. "That's good," He said. Again, the chair. Rachel made plenty of money, yet she couldn't afford a comfortable chair. Then again, she probably didn't care how it felt as long as it looked nice. "She was really mad when you guys broke up, she came home screaming that summer." Barney said with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Newcomer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Newcomer    The Newcomer  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Newcomer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manson Academy :: Rest of Campus :: Teacher Housing-
Jump to: