Manson Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manson Academy

A school for the rich kids of a small town in Vermont. Beyond the books and grades, lies a world full of secrets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Manson Academy! It is currently December.
Classes have begun! Please post in the lessons that have been started.
Teachers, if you haven't posted your lessons yet, please do so.
Please see Sophia Deveraux if you are interested in playing any sports.

No Rockets...... Yet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

Hometown : Windsor, CO

No Rockets...... Yet Empty
PostSubject: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 pm

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since Sam came home. Almost a month since the accident. It seemed like it had been just a few days ago, like it should be. She wasn't entirely used to Sam being in a wheelchair yet. She also wasn't completely adjusted to her and Sam being... well, her and Sam. But she did like it. A lot. It was the one good thing that had come out of the accident.

It was early in the morning, maybe 7 or 8... she hadn't gotten around to looking at the clock yet. Sam was still asleep, to the best of her knowledge, he'd probably call her when he woke up, seeing as he needed help, which was another thing. Sam, needing help. It was weird. He used to be the one who helped her all the time, but now... He was still getting used to it. And sometimes, admittedly, it was quite awkward, the first few days, they'd had a helper come over and help him change and shower... But he'd somehow managed all that on his own by now.

There was a loud beep the signaled the coffee was ready, she yawned and poured a cup, and waited for Sam to wake up...
Back to top Go down
Sam Ibarra
Music Instructor
Sam Ibarra

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:05 am

It sucked being handicapped. Sometimes Sam just fell asleep and dreamed of waking up to find the car crash and its consequences were all just a very realistic nightmare. But in those dreams, there were...other things (or people) he had to worry about. He didn't dare tell Bridge about that part.

One of the only good things that came out of the accident was the excuse he had to be lazy. That and him and Bridge. Well, he'd always had Bridget. But not like this. It was nice.

The sunlight crept through the blinds, shining into the room. Sam stared up at the ceiling, head resting on an arm, having not been able to sleep all night. He looked at his covered up legs with glistening eyes. He wasn't ready for this. He'd never been ready for this.

He'd never even suspected the possibility of it happening.

Sam was always so careful when he drove, just to keep Bridget safe. God, he was such a good person.

He heard a loud beep that startled him at first, but he realized that it was probably just the coffee his best friend- girlfriend, sorry, made every morning.

"Bridget!" he called, yawning.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 am

Bridget was reading when she heard her name, and she couldn't help but smile. Sam was up. She set her coffee down, and quickly poured Sam a cup, setting it next to hers on the table. She hadn't made any food yet, but that would wait.

She shuffled down the hallway, still a bit sleepy, a shouldered his door open. He looked half asleep still, and god he was adorable, well, more adorable than usual. He had a bad case of bed head, which made all of his hair stick straight out, as opposed to poofing up, like his hair usually did.

"Morning, Sammy" She smiled, leaning down and kissing his cheek, "Ready to get up yet?" She asked, sitting on the side of his bed, watching him carefully.

He was sad, she could see it in his eyes, still. She knew that it must be hard for him, ungodly hard, to just lose the ability to walk. But she was there for him, each morning. And the rest of the time too, just like she told him she would be. And she didn't mind really.
Back to top Go down
Sam Ibarra
Music Instructor
Sam Ibarra

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Sam yawned right when Bridget shuffled into the room. He ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes tightly. Dammit he wanted to sleep.

"Mornin' Bridge," he replied, yawning again. This was what he got for thinking late at night. He was the one who just sat up- or lay down, whatever worked- and thought about his life and what the hell had happened to it.

His parents and siblings had come over multiple times, just to check on him and Bridget. He didn't say anything about their new-found relationship, but he could swear he saw Julianna look suspicious at the sudden sweetness and ask him.

That was his girl.

"N-not yet." He coughed slightly. "Could I get some coffee before we try getting me up? Just...talk and stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am

"Did you sleep well?" Bridget asked lightly, he looked tired. Really tired. "If you're still tired you can sleep some more" She said.

Sam's family had stopped by a few times (more than her parents. But that was expected. They worked a lot). Sam hadn't mentioned that they were together, which was really fine with her, no need for extra attention to her. Plus she was still getting used to the idea herself. Juliana asked her if they were dating. Bridget had laughed and not answered the question. She was a smart girl.

"Sure!" Bridget said, and left the room to fetch his coffee. She brought hers too, and after setting both cups down on the night stand, she pulled the arm chair up close to his bed (She moved it back and forth a lot recently). "What's up then?" she asked, after they were all arranged and had their coffees.
Back to top Go down
Sam Ibarra
Music Instructor
Sam Ibarra

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:28 pm

"I didn't sleep at all. I don't know why. Well, I was thinking all night for something that didn't come to my head and- I just get weird when I'm tired. Ignore me." Sam plopped his head onto his pillow. "Nah, just give me some coffee and I'll be fine. I can sleep when I'm dead," he said with a slight grin.

Bridget's parents hadn't really visited much at all.

Maybe once.

And even then her dad asked if she was pregnant yet. Sam spat his coffee onto his lap at the question and repeatedly stammered about not knowing what their relationship was and that they wouldn't have sex or anything until they were sure and that he respected Bridget too much to do anything like that.

Mr. Johnson just gave him a pat on the back after that.

When Bridget came back with his coffee, his eyes drooped slightly. The smell of coffee enticed him too much, however, so they soon opened back up all the way. He grabbed his mug and took a whiff of the dark liquid. God, why did it have to smell so good?

He blew on it a bit before taking a sip, scalding his throat. He ignored the pain and just set the cup down.

"Nothing much. Just trying not to fall asleep. I don't know. How's your arm?"
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Bridget remembered when her parents visited. Her dad just knew. He was always like that. She had been talking to her mom, they were making breakfast one morning, and Sam and her dad were talking. She had been walking back to get them, when breakfast was ready. She caught the end of a conversation. About her. Dammit. Sam was stammering and her dad was laughing quietly. She had hurried back to the kitchen, suddenly deciding that they needed pancakes.

"Careful it's hot" she said, handing it to him. Of course he ignored her. Typical Sam. Typical.

"Really. You can sleep if you want." Bridget said, and wiggled her fingers "Pretty good just a bit sore"

"Scoot" Bridget said then, shoving him over slightly, so she could lay down next to him. They did this a lot. Laid in his bed and talked. Bridget liked it. They used to lay around in the field behind his house when they were little, it reminded her of that. She took his hand in hers, playing with his fingers distractedly. "Do you ever think about the future Sammy?" She asked, looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Sam Ibarra
Music Instructor
Sam Ibarra

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Sam struggled not to chuckle at Bridge's caution. She knew he wouldn't listen to her. He never did. "I think I know that already, Bridget," he teased.

"No. Again, I can sleep when I'm dead. I'll be fine, okay? Stop worrying so much."

He scooted to the side as much as he could for her. He had to move his legs over with his hands. Wasn't pleasant.

He squeezed her hand in his as she played with his fingers. "Of course I do. I have to. If I don't who the hell knows where we'll end up?"
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Bridget rolled her eyes, and grinned. "You should listen to me more" She said, poking him. "I'm always right anyway"

"It's my job to worry about you, Sam." She said, looking at their hands, "If I didn't worry about you, what would I do?"

"Sorry" She said frowning, knowing it was hard for him to move "I keep forgetting...."

"Do you ever think about..." She paused, blushing lightly "Like... us? About our future... together?" Bridget asked. "Or something"
Back to top Go down
Sam Ibarra
Music Instructor
Sam Ibarra

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:55 pm

"I should, but that doesn't mean I will." He rubbed the spot where she poked him and muttered, "Ow... You're a violent one today, aren't you?

"Ha, no. That's my mom's job. You're not my mom," he teased. Sam shrugged. "Die, screaming out 'GO ON WITHOUT ME!'" He laughed at his own little joke.

"Don't worry, it's okay. Not your fault. It just takes a bit of getting used to.

"I-uh, yeah, actually," he said with a nervous chuckle. "When we were kids, I'd always be like 'Huh, wonder if Bridge wants to get married. Huh, wonder who to. I kind of hope it's me.' I was stupid. But whatever. Long time ago. I'd also think of baby names, however cheesy that sounds." He grinned at Bridget.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Bridget flicked her tongue out at him, grinning, she adjusted her glasses. She only really needed them when she drove or went to the movies, but she liked them. They were cool, a bit hipster. "I'm not violent, you're just wimpy"

"Oh now you want me to die? Some boyfriend you are!" Bridget said with mock rage, but couldn't keep it long, she grinned and looked at Sam "I think I'll keep to being a music teacher"

Bridget nodded, and leaned against him "You're doing pretty well, adjusting. What they told me is a lot of people like, freak out and change a lot. I'm glad you didn't, though. I like you just the way you are"

"You were the girly one. You dreamed of getting married and I dreamed of becoming a astronaut. Quite backwards" She said, and then laughed "As long as it's not Sam Jr. or something like Apple or Vasco Spartacus Danko Fane. That would be a terrible thing to name a kid. THE worst."
Back to top Go down
Sam Ibarra
Music Instructor
Sam Ibarra

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:27 pm

"Lies. Complete bullshit, that is. You are a very violent person," Sam teased, punching her arm lightly. He didn't know why Bridge always felt the need to wear her hipster glasses. But he supposed that was what made her...her.

"I don't want you to die. You're the one who asked what you'd do if you didn't worry about me and I gave you a completely honest answer. Good. I don't want to deal with these kids all by myself."

He shrugged slightly. "I freaked out a lot, but I'm not about to let this change me. I change for no man. Or disability," he said with a grin.

"Ha ha, funny Bridget. Or Bilbo. Bilbo's pretty bad too. It's only acceptable in the Lord of the Rings universe. Even then that shit's weird."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:53 pm

"Uh. No. It must be something in the air. I am practically a PACIFIST!" Bridget declared, throwing her arms up, and then laughed, and then put her arms around his neck, giving him an awkward laying down sort of hug, "See I can be nice"

"Good" She said, and yawned "This laying down is making me tired, but thinking about all those dramatic moody teenagers is waking me up." she rubbed her eyes and fixed her glasses, looking up at him "Wanna go get some breakfast?"

"Well you're good at not freaking out around me" Bridget said, Which he was good at. He'd freaked out once or twice around her, but that's really it. Sam was adjusting well....

"Little Frodo." Bridget said and smirked "Fitting, but I like real names better." She thought for a minute "Or like character's from a book, but no Bella or Alice. Uhg." She shuddered "Ruined those names. And Alice is such a pretty name. Stupid Twilight"
Back to top Go down
Sam Ibarra
Music Instructor
Sam Ibarra

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 pm

"Blame the air, why don't you. I don't think so. You're a liar. LIAR!" Sam exclaimed. "You are a violent person that pretends to be a pacifist because you think you can pull it off," he teased. He was taken by surprise as Bridge put her arms around his neck and gave him a weird laying down hug...thing. "Of course you can.

"Laying down makes everyone tired. Dramatic and moody. Yep, that's one way to describe them. I demand bacon. And lots of it."

Smiling slightly, he said, "Good. I don't wanna freak you out too."

He snorted. "Or Hedwig Crookshanks. Well, Rue's a character from a book. The Hunger Games, you know?" He gasped over dramatically. "You dare bash my Twilight?! How could you?! I thought we were friends!" he cried. "Really though, Twilight is shit."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:47 pm

"So cruel. And to think, I was going to make you breakfast" Bridget shook her head. "A violent Pacifist!" She declared, and laughed. "I can do anything. Jeeze, I could have been an actress, but no. I wanted to be a teacher. There must be something wrong upstairs" she tapped her head.

"Bacon. God now you're a bacon whore too" She smirked "But fine. Bacon annnnd muffins. Chocolate muffins" she said and sat up "Time to get up then. We have Bacon and muffins to eat."

"You wouldn't freak me out. In fact the lack of freaking out was a bit freakish" She told him honestly "I thought maybe you hadn't like, figured it out yet... But then I remembered how smart you are" Bridget said with an over dramatic wink.

"No. No Twilight. Uhg." She said, standing up "Rue. I like that. Now come along. Let's go eat bacon"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Rockets...... Yet   No Rockets...... Yet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Rockets...... Yet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manson Academy :: Rest of Campus :: Teacher Housing-
Jump to: