Manson Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manson Academy

A school for the rich kids of a small town in Vermont. Beyond the books and grades, lies a world full of secrets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Manson Academy! It is currently December.
Classes have begun! Please post in the lessons that have been started.
Teachers, if you haven't posted your lessons yet, please do so.
Please see Sophia Deveraux if you are interested in playing any sports.

Light My Candle

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Hometown : Manhattan
Job/hobbies : Air guitarist

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Taylor paced behind the stage in the auditorium. Yes, he was practicing. He had some free time and decided it would be best to practice before Syndal teased him in rehearsal.

Yes, they used to tie you up.
It's a living.
I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.

He hummed various parts of the song over and over again until he heard footsteps.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Hometown : Brooklyn
Job/hobbies : Singing and playing piano

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Syndal walked into the auditorium, hoping that there was no one in there so she could practice. After all, it would be her first time stripping in front of an audience and she had to get prepared for that. But, when she heard a familiar voice coming from the auditorium, Syndal groaned. Dammit.

"Hello Taylor," She said, brushing her bangs out of her face. "Practicing?" She supposed that it was a good thing, so they could practice together. They had to at least pretended they liked each other.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 pm

"Sandals." He responded, glancing up from the script. "Yeah, I am." He said, glancing up at her. Out of all the people Taylor had to be with, it was her. He suppose it would be good practice if they practiced together though, they had to be in love in the play anyways. "Did you come to practice? Because I can leave..." Taylor said.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:45 pm

She didn't make a comment at his nickname, since everyone had started calling her that now. It would be something she would have to get used to. "That's cool. Which song?" She wondered, walking up on the stage. Sitting down at the piano, Syndal played a pretty sounding melody that wasn't all to complicated. "Yeah, I did. But, I suppose we could practice together. Since, we do have to be in love on stage." Syndal cringed at the idea, but smiled softly.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 am

"Light My Candle." Taylor responded, trying to ignore the other meaning that could bring. He listened as she played a small melody on the piano. "I suppose you're right," He said, flipping through the script. "Which song do you want to do?" Taylor asked Sandals, looking up at her.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Syndal shrugged, "Well we could practice Light My Candle, since that's when Roger and Mimi first sing together. What do you think?" She wondered, looking back at him, her eyebrows knitted together.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:20 pm

"I suppose." Taylor said, grabbing a stool and sitting down. "You playing it on the piano? Or are we singing it a capella?" He asked Sandals.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 2:38 am

Syndal lifted her fingers from the keys and turned to face Taylor completely. "We're going to sing it capella, but I will play the melody on the piano so we have a beat. I don't know where Rachel keeps the CD, so I'll try to play it by ear." Syndal let her fingers play the first few notes, her eyebrows scrunched together as she tried to find the right notes. When she finally got it, she smiled. "You start."
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 pm

"M'kay." Taylor said, waiting for Sandals to be satisfied with herself. Once she was, she stood up and told him to start. Clearing his throat, be began. "What'd you forget?" Taylor sang, getting up off of the stool he had been sitting on.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Syndal smiled, "Got a light?" She flashed him a look and a cheeky grin. She was actually having fun and that scared her. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Taylor shook his head at Sandals, smirking slightly. "I know you, you're-you're shivering." Taylor sang back, wondering where Rachel kept the CDs. He didn't like singing without music, it was really quite empty to him.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Syndal stood up, smirking at him. "It's nothing, they turned off my heat." She walked back slightly. "And I'm just a little weak on feet." Syndal leaned toward him, "Would you light my candle?" She sang lightly, her voice strong like usual. Knitting her eyebrows together, getting into character, Syndal made herself look confused. "What are you staring at?"
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Taylor rolled his eyes, chuckling slightly at her. Walking back and forth. "Nothing, your hair in the moonlight," He sang, walking a bit closer to Sandals. "You look familiar," Taylor sang again, "Can you make it?"
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Syndal shrugged, her glaze lowering to the floor. She was wished that the stage was set up so she could really get into character, since theater was what she loved most. But, it would happen soon enough. "Just haven't eaten much today," She did a little spin, "At least the room stopped spinning. Anyway." Smiling, she looked at Taylor, "What?" She sang.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:52 pm

"Nothing," Taylor sang, wondering if he should spin as well. So he did, almost running into Sandals. He mouthed the words sorry before going on. "You're smile reminded me of" Taylor set his script down on the stool, knowing the rest of the song by heart.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:54 pm

She cut him off, "I always remind people of- who is she?" Syndal wondered, smiling from when he ran into her. She looked as he set down his script, feeling embarrassed since she didn't even have a script yet; she didn't one.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:57 pm

"She died," Taylor said, looking down at the floor, trying to get into character and look sad. "Her name was April," Taylor said, looking back up at Sandals, waiting for her to sing her line.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Spinning back to face him, Syndal pretended to look put out. "It's out again!" She sang, a pout on her face. "Sorry about your friend," Syndal shrugged as if she didn't really mean it, since she always had thought Mimi wasn't too sorry. Smiling, "Would you light my candle?"
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:02 pm

"Well?" Taylor sang, raising his eyebrows at her. He briefly glanced around the room, wondering if Rachel had any props set up yet. But she didn't, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:05 pm

She was suddenly aware of how close she had moved up to him, but didn't back down. syndal smiled instead, "Yeah," She trailed, before widening her eyes in shock. "Ow!"
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Taylor pulled his hand back as if there was a candle there. "Oh the wax," He said, realizing that him and Sandal had gotten quite close to each other. However, he didn't bother to move away. "It's-"
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:14 pm

"Dripping," She finished for him, a devious smirk on her face. "I like it between my-"
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:16 pm

"Fingers," Taylor completed, "I figured," He sang with a bit of a nervous shrug. "Oh well, goodnight," Taylor waved at her and walked backwards, waiting for her.
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Syndal smirked and began to walk away until she reached the edge of the stage. Standing there, she made a confused look and knocked on a piece of wood. Turning back to Taylor, she scratched her head in a confused way, waiting for him to say the next line.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Taylor raised his eyebrows at Sandals. "It blew out again?" He sang in an amused tone, waiting for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Light My Candle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light My Candle   Light My Candle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light My Candle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manson Academy :: First Floor :: Auditorium :: Backstage-
Jump to: