Manson Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manson Academy

A school for the rich kids of a small town in Vermont. Beyond the books and grades, lies a world full of secrets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Manson Academy! It is currently December.
Classes have begun! Please post in the lessons that have been started.
Teachers, if you haven't posted your lessons yet, please do so.
Please see Sophia Deveraux if you are interested in playing any sports.

Welcoming Conversation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

Hometown : Bluebell
Job/hobbies : Headmistress

Welcoming Conversation Empty
PostSubject: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Rachel walked down a few flights of stairs and wandered around the first floor, trying to find Bridget's office. The first floor had the most classrooms, and despite being the headmistress, she still could get lost. Can't blame her. Finally finding it, she knocked on the door. After hearing no response she walked in anyways and spotted Bridget sitting at her desk. Smiling, she walked in and handed her a schedule. "Hey Bridget," Rachel said, smiling and sitting down. "Those are your classes."
Back to top Go down
https://mansonacademy.rpg-board.net
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

Hometown : Windsor, CO

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Bridget looked up from her book, "Sorry, Hello. You're Rachel right?" She asked, picking the schedule up and glancing over it. "You can give me Sam's too, if it save you time, I'll see him soon, probably" she said, closing her book and standing up. She smiled at Rachel "Thanks for coming and meeting me personally though" She grinned
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:05 pm

"Yes I am." Rachel said with a grin. "Sure," Rachel said, reaching into her bag and pulling it out of a file. Setting it on Bridget's desk, she nodded at her. "Sure! Pleasure to meet you, I teach Latin." Rachel said, holding her hand out. "And I'm also the headmistress." She smiled and looked at the book. "What're you reading?" She asked the girl.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:10 pm

"Well you probably know I teach piano and music. But just in case you didn't," She shrugged and smiled. "Really? You seem almost too young to be headmistress, though I guess that's because where I grew up, our 'headmaster' was like.... 90" She grinned "It's nice to see someone closer to my age in a spot of power" She looked down at the book and turned it around in her hands"I actually don't know. Something Sam got me. It's Science Fiction. Weird though."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:12 pm

"Yes, I do know." Rachel said, smiling. She chuckled. "When I came here the headmistress was so old, I swear to God." She shook her head, closing her eyes. Rachel laughed again, smiling. "Yeah, it's great. I love this job." She raised her eyebrows. "Is it any good?" She asked, biting her lip.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Bridget laughed "Well, I like it here so far. And the town is great too" She smiled, "Yeah, Very Sci-Fi, but still pretty good." She said "You like reading then? Because I love it. I'm always reading something"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 pm

"I love it here," Rachel said, nodding. "I moved here when I was twelve, and I guess I really liked it, 'cause I haven't left yet." She said, smiling and chuckling slightly. "Well, good then." Rachel said. "I love to read. I almost chose English Literature as my major at Yale, but I decided Latin instead. But my favorite book is The Scarlet Letter."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Bridget grinned "I don't get how people don't like to read. It's so much fun. I grew up in a bit of a hellhole town. Reading kept me sane." She smiled. "My favorite has got to beCatcher in the Rye orTo Kill a Mockingbird. Classic wise. As far as that novels go, I'm a fan of the Lord Of the Rings."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 pm

"Neither do I." Rachel said, smiling and chuckling. "I grew up here and down south, in Alabama. I love both places, but I still love reading." She shrugged. "I love both of those. I'm not a huge fantasty person, though. I love thrillers. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors though, and so is Anne Rice, I love The Witching Hour.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

"I actually didn't really read all that much until middle school. I didn't dislike it, I just couldn't find things to read." She admitted "I've read that. It's up there. Top ten. Anne Rice is a fantastic author" She said "Stephen King, I don't read much of..."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Rachel nodded. "I've always read. We had the greatest library when I lived in Alabama, and the librarian there was really nice. She got me into reading, I think." Rachel said. "Mm. And she is, I really love her books. I suppose I just like scarier things." Rachel said, smiling. "So do you like the school so far?" Rachel asked Bridget.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:03 pm

"I've never liked scary. it's not my thing" she laughed."Oh yeah it's great here. All the teachers are so young though, that surprised me" She said truthfully "Though I'm probably still the youngest. Fresh out of college." She grinned. "And so far, all the students I've met are very nice."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Rachel chuckled. "I understand. I love it though." She said, shrugging. "I like that, though. A lot of people think you can't get a good job out of college, but if you do good, I think you can." She said, sitting up straighter and laughing. "Well, you obviously haven't met all of them. Most are good, but there are a few..." Rachel said, shaking her head but still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:11 pm

"I'll look out for those few. I know the type. I was in high school just a few years ago. Though I'm sure its changed now." She said with a grin "Kids are always changing, each generation wants to grow up faster than the last one did, it seems"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Rachel nodded. "How old are you again?" She asked. "They are, they really are. Like I said, most of them are good. Some are just fake, and others are just...noisy, I'll say." Rachel said, chuckling slightly. "I think you'll like it though, no one's left yet!" She exclaimed, chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Bridget grinned "I'm 21. And only by a few months. I started college early, because I graduated High School a semester early" She said "Oh I was just in high school. I know the types. Though knowing kids, wanting to grow up faster and faster each year, they're completely different, not the same kind of fake and 'noisy' that we were"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 pm

"Alright!" Rachel said. "Have you been drinking yet?" She asked jokingly, raising her eyebrows. "I'm twenty-four." She nodded and tilted her head to the side. "Wow, you sound really smart." She said, chuckling. "They sure do. The seniors were my freshman class, and wow, they have changed so much."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:30 pm

"God. Sam took me out on my birthday. At the end of the night he was completely shitfaced, if you will excuse my language, and I was in the hospital." She said, laughing at the memory.

"I wish. It was my plan from the start. I took only what I needed to at first, and then doubled up on a lot of math and sciences. It was hard, but worth it" She said with a smile

She grinned "I used to babysit this little girl named Mandy, she was the sweetest little thing when I left for college, She was 6. And then when I went back, last summer she was an absolute demon. She screamed and cried and my god I barely recognized her! It's amazing how fast kids change"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Rachel laughed. "Sounds fun." She said, smiling at the girl. Rachel nodded. "Where'd you go to college?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

Rachel stared wide-eyed. "Really? Wow, that's insane." She shook her head. "Back in Alabama, my neighbor was sixteen and she was the sweetest person ever, she used to babysit me. I went back for the first time in ten years this summer, and she had three kids and was a total bitch. I still can't believe it." Rachel said, sighing.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 pm

"University of Colorado. In Denver." She informed her. "Yeah it's wild how people change. I guess I've changed too, but not that drastically, I mean, I just used to be a bit louder" She said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Rachel nodded. "I hear it's a good school."

She chuckled. "Just a bit." She said with a smile. "I'm sure we all were though. I know I was a troublemaker," Rachel said. "Just a tad."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Johnson
Music Instructor
Bridget Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:03 pm

"Yeah yeah I liked it." She nodded and smiled.

"Sam says I've changed a lot. He hasn't changed at all though. He was an idiot ten years ago and he's an idiot today. Only difference is now he can teach. Which is only slightly frightening."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Emerson
Headmistress
Rachel Emerson

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Rachel laughed. "Wow, that sounds nice." She said, shaking her head. "So you've known each other for ten years?" She asked. "Wow, that's a long time." Rachel said. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Bridget seemed really nice, she'd have to get to know her better as the year went on. "Do you like the teacher housing?" Rachel asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming Conversation   Welcoming Conversation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcoming Conversation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manson Academy :: First Floor :: Bridget Johnson's Office-
Jump to: