Manson Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manson Academy

A school for the rich kids of a small town in Vermont. Beyond the books and grades, lies a world full of secrets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Manson Academy! It is currently December.
Classes have begun! Please post in the lessons that have been started.
Teachers, if you haven't posted your lessons yet, please do so.
Please see Sophia Deveraux if you are interested in playing any sports.

LESSON UNO

Go down 
+9
Syndal Deveraux
Maxwell Williams
Matthew Westin
Melissa Vasquez
Taylor Donovan
Blair Walker
Alayce Hansen
Tate Donovan
Lucas Monteith
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas Monteith
History Professor
Lucas Monteith

Hometown : London

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Lucas, or Mr. Monteith, wrote his name in capitol letters on the board, and then set out the 'Cell Phone Bucket' on his desk. The idea wasn't his, he had gotten it from Rachel, but it was a good one.

"Hello" He said as students filtered in "I'm Professor Monteith. Welcome to Humanities or Culture study or whatever else they call this. Cell Phones and iPods in the bucket please. I'll give them back at the end of class. Find a seat. I don't care where it is but if it becomes a problem I will move you. Alright? Okay" He said sitting on his de
sk.
Back to top Go down
Tate Donovan
Professor's Assitant
Tate Donovan

Hometown : Ontario
Job/hobbies : Working at Manson

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Tate walked into the room with a group of students. "Hey, you Lucas?" She asked the man at the front of the classroom. She held out her hand for him to shake. "I'm Tate Donovan, Rachel said I could be your teaching assistant." Tate used her free hand to brush a bit of hair out of her eyes. "Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Alayce Hansen
Student
Alayce Hansen

Hometown : Ebonhale

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Alayce walked into the classroom, noticing this teacher as well had a bucket for phones. Turning hers off before setting it in, Alayce took a seat in the back, resting her head on her hand. She was exhausted, and kind of wished the day would just end already.
Back to top Go down
Blair Walker
Student
Blair Walker

Hometown : New York City

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Blair walked into the classroom, waving at Professor Monteith and a pretty girl who she guessed was his teacher's assistant. Groaning when she noticed the phone bucket, Blair took out her phone, turned it off and put it in the bucket. She then took a seat in the front of the classroom, waiting for Melissa.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Hometown : Manhattan
Job/hobbies : Air guitarist

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Taylor walked into the classroom, dropping his phone into the bucket. He noticed the professor standing with a familiar girl...

He then realized that was his sister. Sitting down in the front, he kicked her in the leg. "Tate, what the hell are you doing here?" He asked her.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Vasquez
Student
Melissa Vasquez

Hometown : LA

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Melissa skipped into the classroom, dropping her phone into the bucket. "Hello Professor!" She said, waving to him and sitting down next to Blair. Tapping her fingers on the desk, she waited for everyone to come so class would start.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Westin
Student
Matthew Westin

Hometown : Boston

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Walking into the classroom, Matt checked the score of the Patriots game. They were losing, which put him into a bad mood. Turning off his phone, he put it into the bucket and sat down next to Taylor, waving to Tate and Professor Monteith. "Patriots are losing." Matt complained to Taylor.
Back to top Go down

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Lemon walked into the classroom, setting her phone down in the bucket. She was obviously the youngest one here. She took a seat in the middle and waited for class to begin.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Williams
Student
Maxwell Williams

Hometown : New York

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Max rushed into the class, dropping his phone in the bucket. He pushed his hair from his eyes "Hello professor Monteith" He grinned at Lucas before sitting next to a girl who looked his age. He dropped his bag onto the floor and sighed, looking up at the board
Back to top Go down
Lucas Monteith
History Professor
Lucas Monteith

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Lucas nodded at the TA "You can sit over there for now" he nodded at the desk by his own, and then stood up as the bell rang "ALRIGHT EVERYBODY SIT DOWN" He said loudly, over the quiet buzz of people talk.

"I'm just going to start, and hope that everyone is here. As you all probably know, I'm Professor Monteith. This is my first year teacher here, But I do know the rules. Everyone has put they're phones in the bucket right? good."

Lucas walked to the front board and wrote 'What do we know about humanites right now?' and Underlined it. "Any Ideas? Raise you hand if you have one. I would say, 'no stupid answers' but their are a few stupid ones"
Back to top Go down
Syndal Deveraux
Student
Syndal Deveraux

Hometown : Brooklyn
Job/hobbies : Singing and playing piano

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 1:08 am

Syndal knew she was late, but it wasn't the first time, and nor would it be the last. But, luckily for her, she had an excuse. Her stupid sister had decided that she needed Syndal there to rant to. Syndal didn't fight it, because that meant that she would be late. And, after all, she loved being late.

Walking up to the teacher, Syndal handed him the note from Sophia, and smiled. She then dropped her phone in the bucket and went to go sit on the other side of Taylor, since she really couldn't stand anyone else and at least she could annoying the hell out of Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Donovan
Student
Taylor Donovan

Hometown : Manhattan
Job/hobbies : Air guitarist

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:22 am

Taylor was still ticked off that his sister had shown up out of nowhere. And it didn't help when Sandal sat down next to him. She'd probably try to annoy the shit out of him. Taylor didn't raise his hand, but instead decided to shout out. "I know that it has something to do with humans." He said, cocking his head at Tate, who looked pissed.
Back to top Go down
Tate Donovan
Professor's Assitant
Tate Donovan

Hometown : Ontario
Job/hobbies : Working at Manson

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 am

Tate nodded and sat in the teacher's desk, watching the class. A pretty girl with lots of tattoos sat down next to Taylor, and by what she'd heard between Taylor and Matt, that was Syndal Deveraux, Sophia's little sister. Smiling at the girl, she then glared at Taylor for his answer. He was being a smartass, he was.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Monteith
History Professor
Lucas Monteith

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 2:26 pm

"Alright good, Taylor right?" he wrote it on the board and underlined it "What about humans?" he asked the boy "And are there any other ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Alayce Hansen
Student
Alayce Hansen

Hometown : Ebonhale

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Alayce raised her hand. "The study of the human condition?" She guessed, unsure if that was the right class or what. Biting down her lip, she glanced around the room.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Monteith
History Professor
Lucas Monteith

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:29 pm

"Good" He said, writing it down "Now this semester, we'll be focusing on Human Culture. We will start with the mid 1600's and continue to the modern era. You will have three major projects. One of them will be your final, and you will work in pairs. You can pick your partner, but no need to worry about that now. Can anyone tell me what they know about culture in the 1600's? What was life like back then? What was the music like? How did people act?"
Back to top Go down
Victorique de Blois
Student
Victorique de Blois

Hometown : Monaco

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:02 pm

I was walking to my very first class, and as soon as I stepped in I realized that the lesson had already started. Everybody was looking at me. But I didn't mind, I just kept on smiling and greeted the teacher and my new classmates.
"Hello. I'm sorry for being late and interrupting you. Just... Go on, please."
I sat down at the back of the classroom, trying not to draw that much attention. Not that it really worked, because I already did while I came in. I tried to listen carefully and pay attention, but everything else then this lesson seemed more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Williams
Student
Maxwell Williams

Hometown : New York

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Max had an idea, so adjusting his glasses he spoke up "well things were a lot more formal back then right? Like you couldn't go kissing a girl in public.." he said quietly. "And there wasn't like Tv and stuff, and books weren't the same as they are now"
Back to top Go down
Allison Dolenz
Student
Allison Dolenz

Hometown : Long Island City

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:29 pm

"Sanitation wasn't a priority," Allison said as she walked inside the classroom, dropped her cell phone in the bucket and sat in the in the closest seat to her. It was next to a boy, probably around her age, with dark rimmed glasses and long hair. She smiled at him as she sat down, and placed her bag in her lap. "And because it wasn't a priority, people often got sick and a lot of diseases were triggered because of so."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Stone
Student
Charlie Stone

Hometown : Portland, OR
Job/hobbies : Being a student, painting, sculpting, drawing, reading, hanging out with friends.

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Charlie was late to Humanities, and he was panicking. Being new, he managed to get lost on his way, and was now hurrying along the fourth floor, trying to find his classroom.
He finally found it, and dramatically swung the door open. Class was very obviously interrupted, and he was thoroughly embarrassed.
"Sorry I'm late...got lost..." He said, rather shyly to the professor. He noticed the cell phone bucket on the desk, and he surrendered his phone to it. Charlie hurriedly took a seat, his face flushing bright red.
Back to top Go down
Norah Rose Tyler
Student
Norah Rose Tyler

Hometown : Brighton, Uk

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Norah had, had French as her last period. With her being a slow walker, getting easily distracted by her thoughts, when alone, and not knowing exactly where her next class was, she arrived late.

She walked in, with her head low, because she knew people would look. She slightly looked up and saw the bucket with phones, and took her own out of her messenger bag, and put it in. Then looked at the teacher, Sorry I'm late. She then immediately walked to a seat close to the window, and sat.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Monteith
History Professor
Lucas Monteith

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Lucas was slightly annoyed with the amount of late students, but shrugged it off "Good." he said, nodding to the students who had answered his questions "Now, to all of those students who just arrived, I'd like you to tell me one thing that has changed in our culture, since the 1600's. In fact, why don't all of you do this" He said, and wrote it on the board "On a piece of paper, write three things, that have not been said yet, that have changed, as far as culture, since the 1600's. When you're done turn it in to my desk" He said, and sat down.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Stone
Student
Charlie Stone

Hometown : Portland, OR
Job/hobbies : Being a student, painting, sculpting, drawing, reading, hanging out with friends.

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Charlie was not a fan of being late, and he was sure it wouldn't happen again. Now he had to focus on the assignment. He pulled out a notebook and a pen and wrote down his three facts:

Spoiler:

He walked up to the teacher's desk and placed his paper on it. He walked back to his seat and waited for the class continue.
Back to top Go down
Allison Dolenz
Student
Allison Dolenz

Hometown : Long Island City

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 am

Allison tapped her pen. Hm. There are honestly few things she can think about off hand.
1. Before, it was common to hunt animals that are now considered endangered.
2. There were much higher populations of Native Americans.
3. The Jewish people still didn't have a place to call their true homeland until after the Second World War.

Well those were dumb, she thought and flipped her paper over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LESSON UNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: LESSON UNO   LESSON UNO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LESSON UNO
Page 1 of 1