Manson Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manson Academy

A school for the rich kids of a small town in Vermont. Beyond the books and grades, lies a world full of secrets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Manson Academy! It is currently December.
Classes have begun! Please post in the lessons that have been started.
Teachers, if you haven't posted your lessons yet, please do so.
Please see Sophia Deveraux if you are interested in playing any sports.

Settling In (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean Anderson
Student
Dean Anderson

Hometown : Chicago, Ill.

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Dean walked into his new dorm. He wasn't exactly thrilled about having to share it with another guy, but at least it was only one instead of six of them crammed together in a small space. Being a very tidy person, he hoped his roommate (if said roommate hadn't gotten in a car accident or gotten expelled as he had hoped on the plane ride there) wasn't messy and unorganized. If it was one thing that always got on Dean's nerves, it was that.

With a sigh, he set his suitcase on the bed and began his task of unpacking. The fact that he'd have to wear a uniform every day to school was something he wasn't looking forward to, but saved him a lot of room in his suitcase.

He found his iPod in the first pocket, smirked, and set the volume as high as possible. As the first notes of La Vie Boheme began playing, Dean turned away and went back to sorting his clothes.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Williams
Student
Maxwell Williams

Hometown : New York

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Max hated having to move dorms. There was absolutely nothing wrong with his old one. Well, except the hole in the wall. But he could have fixed that..... eventually.

He shouldered the door open, carrying a box and setting in on his side of the room, and not seeing anyone yet, went to go get his other things.

When he returned the second time, there was a boy there. He looked new. He didn't have a uniform on or anything. And he was listening to music. Awesome. That meant that he didn't have to talk to him. He opened the first box, and took out his Star Trek Dvd set and set it on his night stand, before unloading his uniform set, sticking it in a drawer. He hummed quietly to himself as he unpacked, making sure everything was in the right place. He was quite anal about that.......
Back to top Go down
Dean Anderson
Student
Dean Anderson

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:17 am

Dean turned around at the sound of someone walking in. He glanced around the room and found a box sitting on the other side of the room that, as he then realized, was probably his new roommate's. Looks like he wasn't getting away with a single dorm after all. Whatever. Since his new roommate made no sign of introducing himself to Dean, talking and interacting probably wouldn't be too much of a big deal.

He refocused on unpacking and organizing all of his stuff, and after about ten minutes and three more songs later he managed to finish. With a groan, he flopped back on his bed, not bothering to take off his shoes or change into his uniform. It'd been a long day and Dean couldn't wait to eat then hit the hay.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Williams
Student
Maxwell Williams

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:59 am

Max was a quick un-packer. He only had two boxes, and most of the first one was clothes and posters. He wasn't going to put his posters up yet though, he was much too lazy for that. After he had finished, he organized his books and watched his new roommate out of the corner of his eye. He was pretty tall, (But then to Max, every one was pretty tall), and he had dark hair and high cheekbones. He was quiet, which was nice.....

Max finished unpacking and fell onto his bed, staring intently at the ceiling. When he heard his roommate flop onto his own bed, he glanced at the clock. Uhg. Dinner didn't start for another 26 minutes. "I'm Max" He said, turning to face the other boy. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Dean Anderson
Student
Dean Anderson

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:48 am

Dean opened one of his eyes, and turned his head towards the source. Oh right, his roommate. "Max, huh?" He sat up in his bed, thinking it would be rude not to look at him while they spoke, for however long that may be. He seemed short, or maybe Dean was just too tall, and wore glasses. Max's hair kind of reminded Dean of his own, except a little lighter and shorter than his. "I'm Dean. Whereabouts are you from, Max?"

"I'm a Chicago baby myself, it's pretty cool there. I guess."
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Williams
Student
Maxwell Williams

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:55 am

Max adjusted his glasses, a nervous habit of his, and looked at the boy, his eyes probably looked like small planets. Ah well. "New York." he said "The city that never sleeps" He smiled, "It's weird. It's so quiet here at night, It takes me a few weeks to get used to how quiet it is..."

He thought back to the attendance sheet he had looked over, trying to see if he could find out who his new roommate would be... "Wait, you're Dean Anderson, Right? Any relation to Mrs. Anderson? She teaches Astronomy..." he said, "I'm just going to guess no, because you look NOTHING like her" he said after a moment.
Back to top Go down
Dean Anderson
Student
Dean Anderson

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:24 am

Dean smiled back at him. "So this is your.... second year at Manson, right?" he asked. He hoped he was right, and Max was indeed a sophomore or that would become awkward fast. At least he asked and didn't assume it, like he had in the past which got him in loads of trouble. "It's my first. Well, I'm a sophomore but I was going to high school back in Illinois last year. How is it here? I mean, obviously it's different from other public schools but-" he let the sentence hang, awkwardly.

"Hmm," he rubbed his neck, trying to remember a Mrs. Anderson. Dean wasn't taking Astronomy; the subject didn't really tickle his fancy. "Nah, we're not related. Though I haven't seen her yet, so for all I know she could be my dad's, sister's husband's mother." Wow, that was a horrible joke, even for his standards. He groaned in his head and hoped his new roommate didn't judge on first impressions.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Williams
Student
Maxwell Williams

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Max nodded "Second year, yep. First year with a roommate though..." He said, "My roommate last year dropped out before school started, so I had my own room. But then there was some drunken party in the dorm next door at the end of the year, and they knocked a huge hole in the wall, so they made me move AFTER I already had ALL OF MY THINGS in my old dorm." Max then winced "Sorry, I tend to ramble. Just tell me to shut up"

"It's just like a public school, but we wear uniforms and don't go home as often. And it's a lot smaller. But people still do drugs, drink, and get pregnant." Max said "The girl who asked me to homecoming got pregnant." He laughed. "And the teachers here are all really cool. Except the art teacher is kind of an ass, according to Headmistress Emerson"

"She's cool." He said, nodding. and then laughed once at the joke, which was bad. Really bad. But he didn't want his new roommate to feel awkward or anything. He'd been there. It sucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Settling In (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Open)   Settling In (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Settling In (Open)
Page 1 of 1